Alaska is the largest state in the United States by area, being larger than the next three largest states combined. That said, it is a rather sparsely populated state, ranking the 48th in terms of population and 50th in population distribution. This state is quite a special one, as it can be considered an exclave of mainland United States: It does not border any of the other states of the US, instead bordering the Canadian province of British Colombia and the territory of Yukon.
The state of Alaska has a rich history that goes back thousands of years. It is believed that indigenous American people migrated to America by crossing the Bering Land Bridge, which was located in the Bering Sea Strait. Even until now, Alaska still boasts a sizable population of indigenous Americans, with them amounting to 25% of the total population of the state, one of the highest numbers in the entire country.
Alaska’s economy is not as robust as other states, but the state does boast a very high per-capita income that is due to its highly diversified economy. The dominated industries include the oil industry, fishing, natural gases, etc. These are the resources that the state has in abundance.
The state’s capital is the city of Juneau, but it is not the biggest city in the state. Juneau boasts an extremely large area, being larger than both Rhode Island and Delaware. It is also a special capital in that there is no road that connects it to the rest of the other US states.
The biggest city in the state in terms of population is Anchorage. Nearly half of the state’s population live in the area, and it is the most developed urban area in the state as well. It boasts a unique wildlife presence, with moose and bears being quite common sites.
Alaska Used Construction Equipment
Due to the rapid rate of development in Alaska, the demand for top-tier construction equipment is on the rise once more. Construction machines like telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will help workers to quickly work on any construction project with ease, helping the state to develop. If you are looking for the right used construction equipment, we are your one-stop destination! We at NLEQ provide:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers sit among the most versatile lifting equipment. They come with a long and straight boom, and a slot for attachments at the end of the boom, which can be fitted with an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts are similar to telehandlers as they also feature a straight boom and an attachment slot at its end. The difference is that straight boom lifts do not come with a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These machines come with articulating booms instead of straight booms, allowing them to get over obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: True to their name, these kinds of lifts are designed to be towed into the job site with ease.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts come with interlocking metal rods, which look like many scissors stacking on one another. These pieces of equipment are designed for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: With four extended arms that dig deep into the ground, these lifts boast exceptional stability.
If you’re searching for used construction equipment in Alaska, we’re just a phone call away. We have an extensive selection of inventory to choose from. And if we don’t have the used construction equipment you’re looking for just give us a call and we will do our best to find you the best deal available on a unit delivered to your location.