In spite of its relatively small size (being the third smallest state by area), Connecticut boasts a robust economy, with its per-capita income and HDI being the highest nationally. Once a part of the state of New England and the tri-state area, Connecticut was among the first Thirteen Colonies who founded the modern USA.
The state of Connecticut is named after the eponymous river which runs through the state. It was thanks to this river that the city could boast a strong maritime tradition, which is still going strong even in the modern day. The first European settlers of the area were Dutchmen who founded a colony in the area called Fort Hoop, but it did not last long. Thomas Hooker, a prominent settler at the time, founded the Connecticut Colony with a band of settlers from Massachusetts Bay Colony, while others from the same colony founded two other colonies, New Haven Colony and Saybrook Colony. The three were later merged into one colony called Connecticut in the year 1662.
The capital city of Connecticut is Hartford, which sits among the oldest cities in the United States. Hartford was the home of the famous Mark Twain House, where the writer spent the bulk of his life and wrote some of his most famous works. Hartford is also referred to as the “insurance capital of the world” due to its advanced insurance sector and the fact that many insurance giants choose to base their headquarter in the city.
The most populous city in Connecticut is Bridgeport. A historic seaport with a robust maritime industry, Bridgeport has been progressively shifting towards the service sector in recent years in order to adapt to the changing economy. Bridgeport is credited as the birthplace of the famous sport frisbee.
Connecticut Used Construction Equipment
With the unprecedented development pace in Connecticut, the demand for high-quality construction equipment is on the rise once more. Construction machines like telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will help workers to quickly complete any construction project with ease, contributing to the state’s development. If you are in need of the right used construction equipment, we are your one-stop destination! We at NLEQ provide:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers sit among the most versatile lifting equipment. They feature a long and straight boom, and at the end of a boom, you can see an attachment slot, which can be fitted with an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts look closely related to telehandlers as they also come with a straight boom and an attachment slot at their end. The difference lies in the fact that straight boom lifts do not feature a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These pieces of equipment come with articulating booms instead of straight booms, helping them to get over obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: As the name suggests, these types of lifts are designed to be towable by using a towing truck.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts come with interlacing metal rods, which look like many scissors stacking on one another. These pieces of equipment are designed for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: With four extended arms that are fixated strongly into the ground, these lifts are much more stable than others.
Can’t find the right used construction equipment in Connecticut that you need? Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information! We might be able to source the right model for you.