Named after the Delaware River, the state of Delaware is the second-smallest state in the United States, and the sixth least populous. That said, due to its small size, the state also features a very high population density, ranking sixth nationally.
Before the colonization of European settlers, the area which became the state of Delaware had been inhabited by various groups of Native Americans. The first group of European settlers to the state were Dutch traders, and they settled at the short-lived colony of Zwaanendael, located around modern-day Lewest. Delaware was the first state to ratify the Constitution of the United States, earning it the nickname The First State. Delaware in the modern era is known as a corporate haven, and it has been enjoying relative economic prosperity since the end of WWII.
As Delaware is situated well within the Atlantic Coastal Plain, the state’s climate is moderated by the ocean. It lies within the humid subtropical climate zone, but there are some significant variations between sections of the state in terms of mean average temperature and snowfall.
The state’s capital and its second-largest city is Dover, the administrative center of the state. Even though its population is comparatively small, the city offers plenty of jobs in the administrative sector to its citizens. In fact, Dover, or the state’s government, is also its largest employer. Dover is now one of the fastest-growing areas in the state, in part due to its low cost of living.
The largest city in the state of Dover is Wilmington, and it is also its most populous city. It lies at the confluence of the Christina River and the Brandywine River, a location that has made it a readily accessible transport hub. The city currently thrives on the bank industry, specifically the credit card sector.
Delaware used construction equipment
With the rapid rate of development in Delaware, the demand for high-quality construction equipment is once again very high. Heavy machines like telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will allow companies to quickly complete any construction project with ease, contributing to the state’s development. In case you are looking for the top-tier used construction equipment, we are the partner you need! We at NLEQ provide:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers are among the most versatile lifting machines. They come with a long and straight boom, and at the end of a boom, you can see an attachment slot, which can be fitted with an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts are similar to telehandlers as they also come with a straight boom and an attachment slot at their end. The difference lies in the fact that straight boom lifts do not feature a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These machines come with articulating booms instead of straight booms, allowing them to scale obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: True to their name, these types of lifts are designed to be towed into the job site with ease.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts feature interlocking metal rods, which resemble the shape of many scissors stacking on one another. These pieces of equipment are manufactured for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: Featuring four extended arms that are fixated strongly into the ground, these lifts boast exceptional stability.
If you need help finding used construction equipment in Delaware, we are the right partner for you. Possessing more than three decades’ worth of experience in the field, we are confident that we will be able to deliver the right machines you need!