Located in the Southeastern region of the United States, Georgia is the 28th-largest state in the US by area, and 6th-largest by population. Boasting diverse landscapes, fauna, and flora, the state of Georgia is the largest of all the states east of the Mississippi River in terms of land area.
The state of Georgia was founded by British colonists in the year 1733, being the last of the original Thirteen Colonies. Georgia was also the southernmost state among the Thirteen Colonies at the time. It was the fourth state to ratify the Constitution of the United States. After the Second World War, the state has seen a huge surge in population, owing in part to the Sun Belt phenomenon. Today, the state of Georgia has 14 counties that stand among the fastest growing in the country.
Owing to its location, Georgia boasts a wide range of geographical features. To the northwest corner of the state, in the region of Ridge and Valley, lie rock and sandstone deposits, which are often mined for construction projects. Further down the southernmost corner of the state is the Coastal Plain, a vast flatland that serves as the state’s main agricultural zone.
The largest city in the state is its capital, Atlanta. Boasting a high population of 506,811 in the year 2019, the city of Atlanta is the 7th most populous in the United States. It also serves as the cultural and economic center of the Atlanta metropolitan area, the economic center of the entire state. Despite being a populous city, Atlanta still features rolling hills and dense tree coverage, earning it the nickname “the city in the forest”.
The second-largest city is Augusta, located in Richmond county. Augusta boasts a warmer climate than most other cities in Georgia, making it a rather famous resort town in the early and mid-20th century.
Georgia Construction Equipment
Due to the unprecedented rate of development in Georgia, the need for top-tier construction equipment is on the rise once more. Heavy machines like telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will allow contractors to quickly complete any construction project with ease, contributing to the state’s development. If you are looking for top-tier used construction equipment, we are the partner you need! We at NLEQ provide:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers are among the most versatile lifting machines. They come with a long and straight boom, and a slot for attachments at the end of the boom, which can be fitted with an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts are similar to telehandlers as they also feature a straight boom and an attachment slot at their end. The difference is that straight boom lifts do not come with a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These pieces of equipment are fitted with articulating booms instead of straight booms, allowing them to scale obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: As the name suggests, these types of lifts are designed to be towable by using a towing truck.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts feature interlacing metal rods, which resemble the shape of many scissors stacking on one another. These pieces of equipment are manufactured for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: With four extended arms that dig deep into the ground, these lifts boast exceptional stability.
Are you living in Georgia and looking for good and functional used construction equipment in Georgia? We got you covered! Just give us a call, and we are confident to be able to provide the model you need!