Located in the Midwestern region of the United States, Illinois ranks fifth nationally in terms of state GDP, and sixth nationally in terms of population. With the important city of Chicago within its boundary, the state of Illinois is a major transportation hub that plays a vital role in the development history of the US.
The state of Illinois was not among the first founding states of the USA. It was first settled by French settlers, who called the area Illinois Country, a part of New France. After the American Revolutionary War, American settlers began to flock to the region. The population soon grew quickly afterward, and the region became a state of the US in the year 1818. Subsequent developments and events have helped to turn the state into a major transportation hub between the east and the west, allowing the state to attract more farmers and immigrants than ever.
Illinois lies within the Great Lakes region of North America. Its geographical features include mostly vast and unending plains, but there are some certain variations, notably the Driftless Area, a region of more rugged topography. Charles Mound, a peak in the Driftless Area, is the highest natural point in the state.
The state’s capital is in the city of Springfield. Ranking sixth state-wide in terms of population, Springfield is the administrative center of the state, with governmental jobs dominating the work market. It is also famous for being the birthplace of President Abraham Lincoln.
The largest, and most popular city in the state is Chicago. It is also the third-most populous city in the United States. Notable for its superb urban planning and zoning standards, as well as for being the home to numerous new architecture styles, Chicago is an international transportation and commercial hub in the country.
Illinois Used Construction Equipment
Due to the rapid rate of development in Illinois, the demand for high-quality construction equipment is on the rise once more. Heavy machines such as telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will help companies to quickly complete any construction project with ease, helping the state to develop. If you need the top-tier used construction equipment, we are your one-stop destination! We at NLEQ provide:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers are among the most versatile lifting equipment. They feature a long and straight boom, and at the end of a boom, you can see an attachment slot, which can be fitted with an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts are similar to telehandlers as they also feature a straight boom and an attachment slot at their end. The difference is that straight boom lifts do not come with a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These machines come with articulating booms instead of straight booms, helping them to get over obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: True to their name, these kinds of lifts are designed to be towable by using a towing truck.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts come with interlacing metal rods, which resemble the shape of many scissors stacking on one another. These machines are designed for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: With four extended arms that dig deep into the ground, these lifts are much more stable than others.
If you need to find the right used construction equipment for your firm in Illinois, we are ready to help! Our experts have had over thirty years of experience, and they are always willing to provide the best possible assistance. Call us right away for more information!