Iowa is one of the states that make up the Midwestern region of the United States. It borders Wisconsin to the northeast, and Illinois to the east and southeast. Both the two major rivers of the US, the Missouri River and the Mississippi River, form two natural boundaries for the state.
The state of Iowa was originally a part of French Louisiana and Spanish Louisiana before its inclusion in the United States. After the Louisiana Purchase, the territory became a part of the District of Louisiana. American settlers soon flocked to the region afterward, and it became a state of the United States in the year 1846. Iowa was mainly an agricultural state, but it shifted to a mixed economy after the 1980s, reducing its dependence on agriculture.
Iowa is characterized by series of rolling hills running over a vast distance. Most of the state is not flat, and there are plenty of natural lakes within the state’s boundary. The state has a humid continental climate, with extremes of both heat and cold. The state also gets considerable snowfall each year.
The largest and most populous city in the state is Des Moines, also its capital. Named after the river Des Moines, the city is the capital of the insurance industry in the US. It is also an important city in most presidential campaigns, as the first caucuses are often hosted in it.
Another important city in the region is Cedar Rapids, the second-largest city in the state. Boasting beautiful sceneries and weather, the city is a flourishing center of art and culture in the state. It currently houses numerous famous museums, including the Cedar Rapids Museum of Art and the National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library.
Iowa Used Construction Equipment
Due to the unprecedented rate of development in Iowa, the need for top-tier construction equipment is once again very high. Heavy machines like telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will help companies to quickly complete any construction project with ease, helping the state to develop. If you need the top-tier used construction equipment, we are the partner you need! We at NLEQ specialize in:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers sit among the most versatile lifting machines. They come with a long and straight boom, and at the end of a boom, you can see an attachment slot, which can take on an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts look closely related to telehandlers as they also come with a straight boom and an attachment slot at the end of the boom. The difference is that straight boom lifts do not come with a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These pieces of equipment are fitted with hinged booms instead of straight booms, helping them to scale obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: True to their name, these types of lifts are designed to be towable by using a towing truck.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts feature interlacing metal rods, which look like many scissors stacking on one another. These machines are designed for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: With four extended arms that dig deep into the ground, these lifts are much more stable than others.
If you need to find good used construction equipment pieces in Iowa, we are here for you! With more than thirty years of experience in the field, we are confident that we can provide the right assistance for you. Call us right away for more information.