The state of Kansas is located right at the center of the United States, a position that earns it special importance within the country. Named after the Kansas River, the state borders Nebraska to the north, and Missouri to the east. Kansas is officially nicknamed the Sunflower State, but there are other names such as the Wheat State or the Jayhawker State.
The state of Kansas had been the home to several tribes of Native Americans, both nomadic and settled, long before the arrival of Europeans. The first European settlers who arrived at the region were Spanish explorers, and it was a part of the Spanish Louisiana region. A part of Kansas was handed over to the US Government after the Louisiana purchase. In the year 1827, the first American settlement in the future state, Fort Leavenworth, was constructed, paving the way for its future statehood. In the year 1861, Kansas was finally admitted to the Union as a free state.
The western portion of the state of Kansas is generally characterized by flatlands that make up the Great Plains. While people believe that Kansas is the flattest state in the Union, it is actually not true as the state is only the 23rd flattest.
The capital city of Kansas is Topeka, but it is only the 5th largest city in terms of population. Topeka’s position as the capital city of Kansas means that the state is the largest employer in the city, and there are plenty of jobs in the governmental sector here.
The largest city in Kansas is Wichita, the county seat of Sedgwick County. Wichita was founded as a trading post in the 1860s, and businesses quickly boomed, allowing it to grow exponentially. Now, Wichita is a major cultural and economic center in the region.
Kansas Used Construction Equipment
Due to the unprecedented development pace in Kansas, the need for high-quality construction equipment is once again very high. Construction machines such as telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will allow companies to quickly work on any construction project with ease, contributing to the state’s development. If you are looking for the right used construction equipment, we are the partner you need! We at NLEQ provide:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers are some of the most versatile lifting machines. They come with a long and straight boom, and at the end of a boom, you can see an attachment slot, which can take on an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts are similar to telehandlers in that they also feature a straight boom and an attachment slot at their end. The difference is that straight boom lifts do not come with a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These machines come with hinged booms instead of straight booms, allowing them to get over obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: True to their name, these kinds of lifts are designed to be towed into the job site with ease.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts feature interlacing metal rods, which resemble the shape of many scissors stacking on one another. These pieces of equipment are designed for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: With four extended arms that dig deep into the ground, these lifts are much more stable than others.
Looking for the right used construction equipment in Kansas? We’ve got you! NLEQ has been around for three decades, and we are definitely more than happy to help you with whatever issues you might have with used construction equipment. Call us right away for more information!