A part of the Southwestern region of the United States, Kentucky is the 37th most expansive and the 26th most populous state in the country. Known as the Bluegrass State due to the abundance of Kentucky bluegrass, which plays a pivotal role in the development of the state’s trademark thoroughbred horse industry.
The state of Kentucky had been inhabited as far back as 10,000 BCE. In the 16th century, the territory was home to tribes from 5 main groups: Iroquoian, Sioux, Algonquian, Muskogean and Yuchi. The Europeans first settled in the region in the year 1774, at a site currently called Harrodsburg. The territory that would become Kentucky was then assimilated into the state of Virginia, but it then became a state in the year 1792, after Virginia had given its consent in the year 1789.
The state of Kentucky features the world’s longest cave system: Mammoth Cave National Park, as well as a vast network of streams and waterways. The state is also known for its widely popular bourbons, which have garnered international recognition. Horse racing is also a very popular local activity.
The capital city of Kentucky is Frankfort, but it is far from the most populous city of the state. Its location by the bank of the Kentucky River means that it was an important transportation hub. The city was founded in the year 1786.
The largest city in Kentucky is Louisville. Named after King Louis of France, the city was among the oldest cities in the western area of the Appalachians. A cultural and economic center of the state, Louisville is famous for its annual Kentucky Derby, which attracts plenty of watchers. It is also the home of the world-renowned boxer, Muhammad Ali. Louisville also hosts UPS’ worldwide hub at the Muhammad Ali International Airport.
Kentucky Used Construction Equipment
Due to the unprecedented development pace in Kentucky, the demand for top-tier construction equipment is once again very high. Heavy machines like telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will allow companies to quickly complete any construction project with ease, helping the state to develop. In case you are in need of the right used construction equipment, we are your one-stop destination! We at NLEQ specialize in:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers are among the most versatile lifting machines. They come with a long and straight boom, and a slot for attachments at the end of the boom, which can take on an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts look closely related to telehandlers as they also feature a straight boom and an attachment slot at their end. The difference is that straight boom lifts do not come with a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These pieces of equipment come with articulating booms instead of straight booms, helping them to scale obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: As the name suggests, these kinds of lifts are designed to be towed into the job site with ease.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts feature interlocking metal rods, which look like many scissors stacking on one another. These pieces of equipment are designed for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: Featuring four extended arms that dig deep into the ground, these lifts are much more stable than others.
We at NLEQ will be the right partner you need when you look for used construction equipment in Kentucky. We have had more than thirty years of experience in the field, and we are ready to find the models you need if asked. For more information, don’t hesitate to reach out to us!