Louisiana is located in the South-Central region of the United States, and it is a part of a group of states commonly known as the Deep South. Bordering Texas to the west and Arkansas to the North, Louisiana is currently the only state that uses the subdivision parishes instead of counties like the rest of the country, making it a rather unique state.
The state of Louisiana had been the home to many Native American tribes long before the arrival of Europeans. In fact, the state still boasts the highest population of Native Americans among the southern states. The first European settlers to permanently settle in the region were the French, who named the region after King Louis XIV of France. After the Seven Years’ War, most of the territory was ceded to the British. When the United States has gained its independence, it sought to buy the territory from the French, who agreed to the deal. The Louisiana Purchase was finalized in 1803. The territory then went on to become a new state in the year 1812.
Louisiana boasts vast areas of coastal marshes and swamps, creating a rather unique ecosystem that has been of interest to scientists around the world. In elevated areas of the state, fire is a natural occurrence, and these areas are dominated by longleaf pine forests and wet savannas.
The state’s capital city is Baton Rouge, which sits on the western bank of the Mississippi River. Baton Rouge is an important center of industrial and petrochemical in the southern area of the United States, and it is also a growing technology center.
The biggest city by population is New Orleans. As an important port city, New Orleans serves as a major commercial and economic hub in the Gulf Coast Region of the US.
Louisiana Used Construction Equipment
Due to the unprecedented development pace in Louisiana, the need for high-quality construction equipment is once again very high. Lifting machines like telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will allow contractors to quickly work on any construction project with ease, contributing to the state’s development. In case you are looking for the right used construction equipment, we are your one-stop destination! We at NLEQ specialize in:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers sit among the most versatile lifting equipment. They come with a long and straight boom, and at the end of a boom, you can see an attachment slot, which can take on an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts are similar to telehandlers in that they also feature a straight boom and an attachment slot at their end. The difference lies in the fact that straight boom lifts do not feature a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These machines come with articulating booms instead of straight booms, allowing them to scale obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: True to their name, these kinds of lifts are designed to be towed into the job site with ease.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts feature interlacing metal rods, which look like many scissors stacking on one another. These pieces of equipment are manufactured for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: Featuring four extended arms that are fixated strongly into the ground, these lifts boast exceptional stability.
If you need help looking for the best used construction equipment in Louisiana, you have come to the right spot! We are experts in the field who have accumulated more than three decades’ worth of experience, ensuring that all of your needs will be catered to. Call us right away for more information!