Bordering the Atlantic Ocean to the southeast, the state of Maine is located in the New England region of the United States. It is also the 12th-smallest state by area and the 9th-least populous state. Maine is also the northernmost state in the contiguous United States, making it a rather special state.
The state of Maine is famous for its jagged seaside cliffs, low-rolling hills, and picturesque waterways, all of which make it a famous tourism destination in the United States. Food and cuisine are also an important part of the local culture, and Maine’s seafood cuisine, especially clams and lobsters, is widely known around the country.
The first people who lived in Maine were the Wabanaki peoples, a group of Native Americans who spoke the Algonquian languages. The first European contact probably occurred around the 1200 CE, when Norwegians made trade contact with local people. The first permanent European settlement in the area was established on Saint Croix Island in 1604 by the French people, who called the area Acadia. The territory then became a part of the British empire after the British the French in the 1740s. Main was a part of Massachusetts until 1819, when it seceded. It became a state just one year after, in 1820.
The capital city of Maine is Augusta, which lies on the Kennebec River. It boasts a population of about 19,000 inhabitants, making it the third-least populous state capital. Augusta is also the home to the University of Main in Augusta.
The largest city in Maine is Portland. Known for its marine industry and ports, Portland currently houses the largest tonnage seaport in New England. The city is also quite famous for its service and tourism sector. The city’s Old Port district is a prime example of 19th-century architecture.
Maine Used Construction Equipment
With the rapid development pace in Alaska, the demand for high-quality construction equipment is once again very high. Heavy machines like telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will allow companies to quickly work on any construction project with ease, helping the state to develop. In case you are in need of the right used construction equipment, we are your one-stop destination! We at NLEQ provide:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers are among the most versatile lifting equipment. They come with a long and straight boom, and a slot for attachments at the end of the boom, which can be fitted with an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts are similar to telehandlers as they also come with a straight boom and an attachment slot at their end. The difference lies in the fact that straight boom lifts do not feature a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These pieces of equipment are fitted with articulating booms instead of straight booms, helping them to get over obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: True to their name, these kinds of lifts are designed to be towable by using a towing truck.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts come with interlacing metal rods, which resemble the shape of many scissors stacking on one another. These machines are manufactured for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: Featuring four extended arms that are fixated strongly into the ground, these lifts are much more stable than others.
Need help finding used construction equipment in Maine? We are the right guys for you! Having accumulated over thirty years of experience in the field, our experts will work tirelessly to help you find the right models you need. Call us right away for more information!