Located in the Upper Midwest region of the United States, the state of Minnesota is often nicknamed the Land of 10,000 Lakes. The state is the 12th-largest state by area, and the 22nd by population. Minnesota is characterized by vast prairies, deep forests, and mixed forests.
The first inhabitants in the state of Minnesota were a subculture of the Sioux people who called themselves the Dakota people. The French were the first European settlers to arrive in the region, working as voyageurs or trappers. Minnesota was part of Spanish Louisiana from 1762 to 1802. After the Second Treaty of Paris, the eastern portion of the state was ceded to the United States. The territory to the west of the Mississippi River was later acquired with the Louisiana Purchase. The territory experienced several turbulences and rearrangements before it officially became a state of the US in the year 1858.
Minnesota thrived on its timber industry and its intensive agricultural activities. However, recent years have seen a shift towards a more diversified economy. Minnesota was once a center of immigrants from European countries. However, recently, it has seen increased domestic migration as well as immigration from Asian countries.
The capital city of Minnesota is Saint Paul, also its second-most populous city. Saint Paul lies on the eastern bank of the Mississippi River, and it is a known economic hub in the Upper Midwest region. The city is also known for the Science Museum of Minnesota.
Sitting across the river to the west is the city of Minneapolis, the most populous city in the state. Together with Saint Paul, it forms the Minneapolis-Saint Paul metropolitan area, which houses more than half of the state’s residents. The city of Minneapolis boasts one of the best park systems in the nation, as well as an abundance of water.
Minnesota Used Construction Equipment
Due to the rapid development pace in Minnesota, the need for high-quality construction equipment is on the rise once more. Heavy machines like telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will allow contractors to quickly complete any construction project with ease, contributing to the state’s development. In case you need the right used construction equipment, we are your one-stop destination! We at NLEQ provide:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers are some of the most versatile lifting machines. They come with a long and straight boom, and a slot for attachments at the end of the boom, which can be fitted with an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts look closely related to telehandlers in that they also feature a straight boom and an attachment slot at the end of the boom. The difference is that straight boom lifts do not come with a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These machines are equipped with hinged booms instead of straight booms, allowing them to get over obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: As the name suggests, these kinds of lifts are designed to be towable by using a towing truck.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts feature interlacing metal rods, which resemble the shape of many scissors stacking on one another. These pieces of equipment are designed for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: With four extended arms that dig deep into the ground, these lifts are much more stable than others.
Whenever you need the right used construction equipment in Minnesota, don’t hesitate to call us right away! With more than 30 years of experience in the field, we will help you find and source the pieces you need. Call us now for more information!