Named after one of the two principal rivers in the United States, Mississippi is a state in the Southeastern Region, bordering Tennessee to the north, Alabama to the east, Louisiana to the southwest. Mississippi’s western boundary is defined by the Mississippi River, which gives the state its name.
Native Americans have been living on the land that became Mississippi for thousands of years, with the Chickasaw or the Choctaw being descendants of the Mississippian Culture. The first Europeans to come to the land were the Spanish, led by the explorer Hernando de Soto, who passed by the area during his expeditions. The first permanent settlers were the French, who built the first settlement at Fort Maurepas. After the end of the Seven Years’ War, the French ceded the territory around the Mississippi River to the British, who, in turn, gave them to the Americans after the Revolutionary War. The Mississippi Territory was first organized in 1798, and it became a state in 1817.
Mississippi is a state of almost entirely lowlands, with the highest point being the Woodall Mountain. Most of the state itself is a part of the East Gulf Coastal Plain, which is characterized by low-rolling hills.
The capital city of the state, and also its largest city, is Jackson. The city sits by the side of the Pearl River, and in an area called the Jackson Prairie. Jackson is the home to many famous blues, jazz, and gospel musicians. The city is also an important economic center in the state.
The second-largest city is Gulfport, which is a county seat of Harrison County. Gulfport is a known tourist attraction due to the coast casinos running along the coastline. Gulfport is also the home of the US Navy Atlantic Fleet Seabees.
Mississippi Used Construction Equipment
With the unprecedented development pace in Mississippi, the need for high-quality construction equipment is once again very high. Construction machines such as telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will allow companies to quickly complete any construction project with ease, contributing to the state’s development. If you need the right used construction equipment, we are your one-stop destination! We at NLEQ specialize in:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers sit among the most versatile lifting machines. They feature a long and straight boom, and a slot for attachments at the end of the boom, which can be fitted with an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts are similar to telehandlers as they also come with a straight boom and an attachment slot at their end. The difference lies in the fact that straight boom lifts do not feature a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These machines come with articulating booms instead of straight booms, allowing them to get over obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: As the name suggests, these types of lifts are designed to be towed into the job site with ease.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts come with interlacing metal rods, which look like many scissors stacking on one another. These machines are manufactured for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: Featuring four extended arms that are fixated strongly into the ground, these lifts boast exceptional stability.
Whenever you need to find the right used construction equipment pieces in Mississippi, we are always ready to help! Even if the model you are searching for is too hard to find, we will not give up! Contact us right away for more information.