Missouri is a state in the Midwestern region of the United States, bordering 8 different states: Iowa to the north, Illinois, Kentucky, and Tennessee to the east, Arkansas to the south, and Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Nebraska to the west. The state of Missouri takes its name from the Missouri River, which flows through the center of the state and into the Mississippi River.
Missouri’s indigenous Mississippian Culture inhabited the land centuries ago, before declining during the 14th century. The French were the first to permanently settle in the region, creating the territory of Louisiana, which was a part of New France. The territory spent a short while under the rule of the Spanish, before becoming a part of the newly formed United States after the Louisiana Purchase. It became a state in the year 1821.
Missouri played a pivotal role in the westward expansion of the Union. Famous emigrant routes such as the Oregon Trail, Santa Fe Trail, or California Trail started in this state. Even the courier service Pony Express was originally founded in the state of Missouri. After the American Civil War, cities such as St. Louis or Kansas City became centers of industrialization and businesses.
The capital city of Missouri is Jefferson City, but it only features a modest population of 43,079. Jefferson City is located on the northern edge of the Ozark Plateau, and the city also sits within a renowned winemaking region called the Missouri Rhineland.
The largest city in Missouri is Kansas City. Founded in the 1830s as a trading port on the Missouri River, Kansas City is also one of the largest cities by total area in the United States. It is also quite popular for its music, with Kansas City Jazz being an important style of jazz.
Missouri Used Construction Equipment
Due to the rapid rate of development in Missouri, the demand for high-quality construction equipment is once again very high. Construction machines like telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will allow workers to quickly complete any construction project with ease, contributing to the state’s development. In case you are looking for the top-tier used construction equipment, we are your one-stop destination! We at NLEQ specialize in:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers are among the most versatile lifting equipment. They feature a long and straight boom, and at the end of a boom, you can see an attachment slot, which can be fitted with an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts look closely related to telehandlers as they also come with a straight boom and an attachment slot at the end of the boom. The difference lies in the fact that straight boom lifts do not feature a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These pieces of equipment come with articulating booms instead of straight booms, helping them to get over obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: As the name suggests, these types of lifts are designed to be towed into the job site with ease.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts feature interlacing metal rods, which resemble the shape of many scissors stacking on one another. These pieces of equipment are designed for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: Featuring four extended arms that dig deep into the ground, these lifts are much more stable than others.
Whenever you have needs for top-tier used construction equipment in Missouri, we are the friend you need! Possessing more than 30 years of experience in the field, we can help you source even rare models if needed. Call us right away for more information!