Located in the Western region of the country, Nevada is known as the 7th-most extensive state in the US. It shares borders with the states of Oregon, Idaho, California, Arizona, and Utah. Also commonly referred to as the Silver State due to the importance of silver to the state’s economy. As it is located almost entirely within the Basin and Range Province, the state of Nevada is the driest state in the United States.
The state of Nevada is the home to indigenous tribes such as the Paiute, Shoshone, Washoe. The Spanish were the first European explorers to reach the area. Due to the fact that snow covered the mountains during the winter months, much like the Sierra Nevada range in Spain, the Spanish explorers named the region Nevada. The territory belonged to the Viceroyalty of New Spain, which later became Mexico. The US annexed the area after the Mexican-American War, and it became a part of the Utah Territory. After silver was discovered in the state, the population quickly boomed, and so was the need for it to become a territory of its own. The state of Nevada was created in the year 1864 as a result.
The capital city of Nevada is Carson City, which is also an independent city. Founded as a lodge for emigrants bound for California, Carson City quickly grew into a large city due to the discovery of silver in its vicinity. Carson City has been serving as the capital of Nevada since as far as 1864.
The largest city in Nevada is Las Vegas. Famous for its casinos and shopping centers, Las Vegas is an internationally-renown destination for tourists who look for entertainment. It is also the largest city within the greater Mojave Desert area.
Nevada Used Construction Equipment
Due to the unprecedented development pace in Nevada, the need for top-tier construction equipment is on the rise once more. Lifting machines like telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will help companies to quickly work on any construction project with ease, contributing to the state’s development. If you are looking for the right used construction equipment, we are your one-stop destination! We at NLEQ specialize in:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers are some of the most versatile lifting equipment. They come with a long and straight boom, and a slot for attachments at the end of the boom, which can take on an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts look closely related to telehandlers as they also come with a straight boom and an attachment slot at the end of the boom. The difference is that straight boom lifts do not come with a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These pieces of equipment are fitted with hinged booms instead of straight booms, allowing them to get over obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: True to their name, these types of lifts are designed to be towed into the job site with ease.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts feature interlocking metal rods, which look like many scissors stacking on one another. These pieces of equipment are manufactured for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: With four extended arms that are fixated strongly into the ground, these lifts are much more stable than others.
Whenever you need to find top-tier used construction equipment in Nevada, don’t hesitate to give us a call! We have had more than 30 years of experience, and we are ready to help you source the model you need!