Located in the New England region of the United States, New Hampshire is the 5th-smallest state by area, and the 10th-least populous. New Hampshire shares its border with the states of Massachusetts, Vermont, and Maine. It also faces the Atlantic Ocean to the east. New Hampshire is a historic US state with a rich history dating back to the first foundation of the country. Its nickname is “the Granite State”, referring to the rock formations and extensive mines.
New Hampshire was the home of various Abenaki tribes before the arrival of European settlers. The French and the British were the first foreign forces to land in the area. New Hampshire was the first of the Thirteen Colonies to establish a government independent of the British Crown. It was also the first state with its own state constitution. Six months later, it joined the other colonies to sign the Declaration of Independence, putting the first foundation of the United States.
Historically, New Hampshire was an important region for textile production, shoemaking, and papermaking. In fact, the Amoskeag Manufacturing Company was, at one time, the largest cotton textile plant in the world. Most mills were located on the banks of local rivers, including the Merrimack and Connecticut rivers.
The capital city of New Hampshire is Concord, which is the home to the University of New Hampshire School of Law, the only law school in the state. The city is also the resting place of Franklin Pierce, the 14th president of the US.
The largest city in New Hampshire is Manchester. Named after the first industrialized city in the world, Manchester was an important production city in the US. Now, it ranks comparatively high on the lists of the most affordable and livable cities in the United States.
New Hampshire Used Construction Equipment
With the unprecedented development pace in New Hampshire, the need for top-tier construction equipment is on the rise once more. Lifting machines such as telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will allow workers to quickly complete any construction project with ease, contributing to the state’s development. In case you are in need of the right used construction equipment, we are your one-stop destination! We at NLEQ provide:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers are among the most versatile lifting equipment. They feature a long and straight boom, and a slot for attachments at the end of the boom, which can be fitted with an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts look closely related to telehandlers as they also come with a straight boom and an attachment slot at their end. The difference lies in the fact that straight boom lifts do not feature a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These machines are equipped with articulating booms instead of straight booms, allowing them to scale obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: True to their name, these kinds of lifts are designed to be towable by using a towing truck.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts feature interlocking metal rods, which look like many scissors stacking on one another. These machines are manufactured for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: With four extended arms that are fixated strongly into the ground, these lifts are much more stable than others.
Whenever you are looking for the best used construction equipment in New Hampshire, don’t hesitate to let us know! We have been in the business for more than 30 years, and we are definitely more than happy to provide whatever assistance you seek from us. Call us right away for more information!