New Mexico is a state in the Southwestern region of the United States. Along with Utah, Colorado, and Arizona, it forms a region called the Four Corners. New Mexico is the 36th-largest state by population, but it is also the fifth-largest, making it a rather sparsely-populated area. In fact, it is the sixth-least densely populated state in the US.
New Mexico was originally colonized by the Spanish in the year 1598 as a part of their Imperial Spanish Viceroyalty of New Spain. Its first name was Nuevo México, which was inspired by the Aztec Valley of Mexico. After the independence of Mexico in the year 1821, New Mexico became a territory of the country, with a considerable degree of autonomy. The centralizing tendencies of the Mexican government then caused tensions to rise, and the region to gravitate towards the US. After the Mexican-American War of 1837, the US annexed the region and it became the New Mexico Territory. It was admitted to the Union in the year 1912.
New Mexico’s economy depends greatly on oil drilling, mineral extraction, dryland farming, cattle ranching, and lumber milling. The state’s large area and economic climate allow for a large presence from the US military, notably with the White Sands Missile Range.
The capital city of New Mexico is Sante Fe, also its 4th-largest city. Considered one of the world’s great art cities, Santa Fe boasts an impressive number of art galleries and installations. Other cultural highlights include the Santa Fe Plaza and the Palace of the Governors.
The largest city in the state is Albuquerque, which was named in honor of the then Viceroy the 10th Duke of Albuquerque. The city itself is an important center of science, medicine, technology, etc., and it is the founding location of MITS and Microsoft.
New Mexico Used Construction Equipment
With the unprecedented rate of development in New Mexico, the need for high-quality construction equipment is once again very high. Lifting machines like telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will help contractors to quickly complete any construction project with ease, contributing to the state’s development. In case you need the top-tier used construction equipment, we are the partner you need! We at NLEQ specialize in:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers sit among the most versatile lifting equipment. They come with a long and straight boom, and at the end of a boom, you can see an attachment slot, which can take on an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts look closely related to telehandlers as they also feature a straight boom and an attachment slot at the end of the boom. The difference is that straight boom lifts do not come with a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These pieces of equipment are fitted with articulating booms instead of straight booms, helping them to scale obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: As the name suggests, these kinds of lifts are designed to be towable by using a towing truck.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts feature interlacing metal rods, which resemble the shape of many scissors stacking on one another. These pieces of equipment are manufactured for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: With four extended arms that dig deep into the ground, these lifts are much more stable than others.
Looking for top-tier used construction equipment in New Mexico? We’ve got your back! We at NLEQ have been providing high-quality services for more than 30 years, and we can’t wait to help you with your orders. Call us right away for more information!