The state of Ohio is situated in the Midwestern region of the US. It is the 34th-largest state in area, and the 7th most populous. As a result, the state of Ohio is the 10th-most densely populated state in the country. Ohio shares its border with the states of Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Kentucky, Indiana, and Michigan. The state is sometimes nicknamed the “Mother of Presidents” due to the fact that it was the hometown of at least 7 presidents, the most ever in the US.
Ohio’s original inhabitants included the Iroquoian, Algonquian, and the Siouan. The first traces of European settlements in the area came in the 18th century, when the French started building trading posts in the region. After the French lost the French and Indian War, the territory was ceded to the British. When the British lost the Revolutionary War, it was, once again, ceded to the Americans. The region became a part of the new Northwest Territory, which was established by the American Authority. In the year 1803, Ohio was accepted into the Union as a state.
The state of Ohio is named after the river of Ohio itself, which plays an important role in the local economy. The state also lies at the crossroad connecting the Midwest and the Northeast regions, making it an important transportation hub.
The capital city of Ohio, and also its largest city, is Columbus. With a population of close to 900,000 inhabitants, the city is the second-largest city in the Midwest, beaten by Chicago. Columbus was founded in the year 1812 at the confluence of the Scioto and Olentangy rivers, and it was planned to be a state capital. The city currently boasts a diverse economy based on various fields such as education, government, insurance, banking, etc.
Ohio Used Construction Equipment
Due to the unprecedented development pace in Ohio, the demand for top-tier construction equipment is on the rise once more. Heavy machines such as telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will help contractors to quickly complete any construction project with ease, helping the state to develop. If you need the top-tier used construction equipment, we are the partner you need! We at NLEQ specialize in:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers sit among the most versatile lifting machines. They feature a long and straight boom, and a slot for attachments at the end of the boom, which can take on an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts look closely related to telehandlers as they also feature a straight boom and an attachment slot at their end. The difference is that straight boom lifts do not come with a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These machines come with hinged booms instead of straight booms, helping them to get over obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: As the name suggests, these types of lifts are designed to be towable by using a towing truck.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts feature interlacing metal rods, which look like many scissors stacking on one another. These pieces of equipment are designed for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: With four extended arms that are fixated strongly into the ground, these lifts are much more stable than others.
Looking for top-notch used construction equipment in Ohio? We are ready to help! With more than thirty years of experience in the field, we can help you source rare models that few people possess. Call us right away for more information!