A part of the Pacific Northwest region of the United States, Oregon is one of the most geographically diverse states in the US. Its border is mostly delineated by two rivers: the Columbia River to the north, and the Snake River to the east. As a state with a diverse range of geographical features, Oregon features volcanoes, dense evergreen and mixed forests, as well as high deserts and shrublands. The state of Oregon is also the home to the US’ deepest lake, Crater Lake.
Oregon was first inhabited by Native Americans as far as 15,000 years ago, and there might be evidence suggesting that Paleo-Indians inhabited the area. The first European to explore the area was the Spanish, led by the explorer Juan Rodríguez Cabrillo. Other explorers from other nations soon followed, with captain James Cook conducting exploration in the 19th century. An autonomous government was formed in the year 1843, and the Oregon Territory was formed a short while after, in the year 1848. It became a state in the year 1859. Now, Oregon boasts a sizable population of 4 million people, making it the ninth-largest state in the United States.
The state’s capital city is Salem. Located at the center of the Willamette Valley, Salem was founded in the year 1842, and it became the capital city of the Oregon Territory in the year 1851. It is also the second-most populous city in the state of Oregon. It lies just under an hour’s drive from the largest city of the state, Portland.
Portland features a population of more than 650,000 inhabitants, making it the second-largest city in the Pacific Northwest, after Seattle. Due to its location at the confluence of the Willamette and Columbia rivers, Portland is also a major port in the region.
Oregon Used Construction Equipment
Due to the rapid rate of development in Oregon, the demand for high-quality construction equipment is once again very high. Heavy machines like telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will help companies to quickly complete any construction project with ease, contributing to the state’s development. If you are in need of the top-tier used construction equipment, we are the partner you need! We at NLEQ provide:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers are some of the most versatile lifting equipment. They feature a long and straight boom, and at the end of a boom, you can see an attachment slot, which can be fitted with an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts are similar to telehandlers in that they also feature a straight boom and an attachment slot at the end of the boom. The difference is that straight boom lifts do not come with a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These machines come with hinged booms instead of straight booms, allowing them to get over obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: As the name suggests, these types of lifts are designed to be towable by using a towing truck.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts feature interlacing metal rods, which resemble the shape of many scissors stacking on one another. These machines are designed for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: Featuring four extended arms that are fixated strongly into the ground, these lifts boast exceptional stability.
Looking for a good piece of used construction in Oregon? We’ve got you covered! Our experts have had more than 30 years of experience in the field, and they are always ready to help! Contact us right away for more information.