Located in the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States, Pennsylvania sits among the most populous states in the country, ranking 5th nationally. The state is also the 9th most densely populated one in the country. As one of the original 13 founding states of the United States, Pennsylvania plays a pivotal role in the history of the nation, and its economic development as well.
Pennsylvania was the home to various Native American tribes long before the arrival of the Europeans. The most prominent tribes among them included the Algonquian, Iroquoian, and presumably Siouan. The Dutch and the British both claimed the territory for their own, but only the Dutch took possession of the land. After several conquests conducted by the British, the area became a part of the British colonial system. In the year 1681, King Charles II granted a land charter to William Penn in order to erase an enormous debt. Thus, the land was named Pennsylvania in honor of William Penn’s father. Pennsylvania was the second state to ratify the Constitution of the United States, and the Independence Hall, located in Philadelphia, was where the US Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States were drafted.
The capital city of Pennsylvania is Harrisburg. Located on the bank of the Susquehanna River, Harrisburg has played many notable roles during the Westward Migration, the American Civil War, and the Industrial Revolution. In fact, it was one of the most industrialized cities in the 19th century.
The largest city in the state is Philadelphia, a historic city with an important history. Philadelphia is currently the second-most populous city in the Northeastern United States, second only to New York. Philadelphia boasts numerous educational institutions as well as universities, making it a top-tier destination for students.
Pennsylvania Used Construction Equipment
With the unprecedented rate of development in Pennsylvania, the need for top-tier construction equipment is once again very high. Heavy machines such as telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will help workers to quickly complete any construction project with ease, helping the state to develop. In case you are looking for the top-tier used construction equipment, we are your one-stop destination! We at NLEQ specialize in:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers are some of the most versatile lifting machines. They come with a long and straight boom, and at the end of a boom, you can see an attachment slot, which can take on an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts look closely related to telehandlers as they also feature a straight boom and an attachment slot at the end of the boom. The difference lies in the fact that straight boom lifts do not feature a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These machines are equipped with hinged booms instead of straight booms, helping them to get over obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: As the name suggests, these types of lifts are designed to be towed into the job site with ease.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts come with interlacing metal rods, which look like many scissors stacking on one another. These pieces of equipment are designed for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: Featuring four extended arms that are fixated strongly into the ground, these lifts are much more stable than others.
Whenever you need used construction equipment in Pennsylvania, we will be the trusty companion you need! Our experts have had more than thirty years of experience in the field, and they are always ready to help whenever you call. For more information, don’t hesitate to contact us right away!