Famous for being the smallest state by area in the US, Rhode Island is located in the New England region of the US. That said, Rhode Island is the second-most densely populated state in the country, second to New Jersey only. The state is one of the earliest states in the nation. It shares its border with the following states: Connecticut and Massachusetts. It also borders the Atlantic Ocean. Rhode Island is also known by some as the
Rhode Island was founded by a group of religious dissenters, led by Roger William. He first settled on a piece of land that would later become Providence. Others quickly followed, settling on the Aquidneck Island, which later became Portsmouth. The state was assimilated into the Dominion of New England for a short time, but quickly regained its independence afterward. It was the state’s long-held tradition of dissenting against authority that has helped to shape its importance during the revolutionary war. In fact, Rhode Island was the first state to openly renounce its allegiance to the British Crown. However, it was the last state to ratify the Constitution of the United States, after having boycotted the 1787 Convention.
The largest city of Rhode Island, which also doubles as its capital city, is Providence. Sitting among the oldest cities in the country, Providence was founded by Roger William, a religious dissent, in the year 1636. It was one of the first industrialized cities in the nation as well. Providence was, at one time, well known for its machine tool, jewelry, and silverware industries. The city has now shifted towards the service sector, but the manufacturing industries are still going strong. Providence is the third-most populous city in the New England region, after Boston and Worcester.
Rhode Island Used Construction Equipment
Due to the unprecedented development pace in Rhode Island, the demand for top-tier construction equipment is on the rise once more. Lifting machines like telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will allow companies to quickly work on any construction project with ease, helping the state to develop. In case you need the right used construction equipment, we are your one-stop destination! We at NLEQ specialize in:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers are among the most versatile lifting equipment. They feature a long and straight boom, and a slot for attachments at the end of the boom, which can take on an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts are similar to telehandlers as they also feature a straight boom and an attachment slot at their end. The difference is that straight boom lifts do not come with a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These pieces of equipment are equipped with hinged booms instead of straight booms, helping them to get over obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: True to their name, these types of lifts are designed to be towed into the job site with ease.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts feature interlocking metal rods, which look like many scissors stacking on one another. These machines are manufactured for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: With four extended arms that are fixated strongly into the ground, these lifts boast exceptional stability.
Looking for the right used construction equipment in Rhode Island for your project? We are here for you! With more than thirty years of experience in the field, we are confident that we can help you with whatever needs you have. Contact us right away for more information.