South Dakota is a state in the US that is located in the upper Midwestern region of the United States. It is named after the Lakota and Dakota Sioux Native American Tribes, whose presence was very prominent in the area. The state is the seventh-largest in the country, but it is also the fifth least populous. It shares its border with the following states: North Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, and Montana. Most of the state’s population is located on the eastern side of the land. The state features fertile soil, which allows farmers to grow a wide variety of crops on the land. The state largely depends on agriculture as well as tourism.
The land that would become South Dakota was first inhabited by various Native American tribes for at least several thousand years. The first European contact occurred in the year 1743, when French explorers charted out the region. It became a part of Spain Louisiana until 1803, when the Louisiana Purchase occurred. In the year 1874, gold was founded at a site in the Black Hills, triggering a gold rush. The state of South Dakota became an official state in the year 1889.
The capital city of South Dakota is Pierre, the second-least populated state capital in the United States. The city features a population of a little bit more than 13,500 citizens. The city is also the county seat of Hughes County.
The largest city in South Dakota is Sioux Falls, which is also the country’s 139th-populous city. Sioux Falls’ metro currently accounts for a quarter of the state’s entire population. Interestingly, Sioux Falls is considered the healthiest city in the United States, and many worldwide organizations agree.
South Dakota Used Construction Equipment
With the rapid development pace in South Dakota, the demand for high-quality construction equipment is once again very high. Lifting machines like telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will allow workers to quickly complete any construction project with ease, helping the state to develop. If you are in need of the right used construction equipment, we are the partner you need! We at NLEQ provide:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers sit among the most versatile lifting equipment. They come with a long and straight boom, and at the end of a boom, you can see an attachment slot, which can be fitted with an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts look closely related to telehandlers in that they also feature a straight boom and an attachment slot at their end. The difference is that straight boom lifts do not come with a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These machines are equipped with articulating booms instead of straight booms, allowing them to scale obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: As the name suggests, these kinds of lifts are designed to be towable by using a towing truck.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts feature interlacing metal rods, which look like many scissors stacking on one another. These machines are designed for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: Featuring four extended arms that are fixated strongly into the ground, these lifts boast exceptional stability.
Looking for used construction equipment in South Dakota? Our experts are ready! We have had more than thirty years of experience in the field, so we are confident that we can find the model you need! Contact us right away for more information.