Tennessee is a state located in the Southeastern region of the United States. It is the 36th largest by area, and the 16th most populous among all the states in the US. It shares its border with the following states: Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, and Missouri. The state of Tennessee boasts a wide range of geographical features which exhibit topographic traits from the Appalachia, the Upland South, and the Deep South. Tennessee was also the home of the Watauga Association, widely considered the first constitutional government west of the Appalachians. The name of the state comes from “Tanasi”, which is the name of an old Cherokee town existing long before the coming of European settlers.
The earliest recorded evidence of human colonization dates back as far as 12,000 years ago, when Paleo-Indians inhabited the region. The first European contact occurred during the 16th century, when Spanish explorers conducted several expeditions into the area. The first British settlement in the area was constructed in 1756 at Fort Loudoun, near present-day Vonore. It was also the westernmost British settlement at the time. The territory of Tennessee officially became one in the year 1796. During the War of 1812, the state was nicknamed “the Volunteers State” due to the sheer number of war volunteers.
The capital city of Tennessee, and also its largest city, is Nashville. Located on the Cumberland River, Nashville is a major center of the music industry, especially for the genre of country music. It houses numerous prestigious educational institutions such as the Tennessee State University, Vanderbilt University, Belmont University, Fisk University, etc. In fact, it is often regarded as the Athens of the South due to the numerous educational institutions located there.
Tennessee Used Construction Equipment
Due to the rapid rate of development in Tennessee, the demand for high-quality construction equipment is once again very high. Heavy machines like telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will help workers to quickly complete any construction project with ease, contributing to the state’s development. If you need the right used construction equipment, we are the partner you need! We at NLEQ specialize in:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers sit among the most versatile lifting equipment. They come with a long and straight boom, and a slot for attachments at the end of the boom, which can take on an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts are similar to telehandlers in that they also come with a straight boom and an attachment slot at the end of the boom. The difference is that straight boom lifts do not come with a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These machines are equipped with articulating booms instead of straight booms, allowing them to get over obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: True to their name, these types of lifts are designed to be towed into the job site with ease.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts feature interlocking metal rods, which look like many scissors stacking on one another. These machines are manufactured for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: Featuring four extended arms that are fixated strongly into the ground, these lifts boast exceptional stability.
If you have been looking for used construction equipment in Tennessee for a while without luck, we are your guardian angels! We have been in the industry for more than thirty years, so if you need any specific model, just let us know!