Located in the Mountain West region of the United States, Utah is the 13th-largest US state by land area. However, it is also the 11th-least populous state in the nation due to its low population. The state of Utah shares its border with various states, including Colorado, Wyoming, Nevada, Idaho, and Arizona. Most of the urban development in the state concentrates on two areas: the Wasatch Front and the Washington County. A bit more than half of Utah’s total population are Mormons, and Utah is the only state in the US where the majority of the population falls under one religion. Mormon has had a strong influence on the state’s politics and culture, but Utah is becoming increasingly more secular.
Indigenous people have been inhabiting the territory that would become Utah for thousands of years. Some notable peoples include the ancient Puebloans, the Navajo, and the Ute. The Spanish set up the first colonial empire in the area, but it was only a peripheral region of New Spain. Most of the earliest settlers were American Mormons who tried to escape persecution. After the Mexican-American War, the land became a part of the Utah Territory. Following a tense period of disputes with the federal government, the state of Utah was admitted to the Union in the year 1896.
The capital city of Utah, and also its largest city, is Salt Lake City. Founded by early Mormon settlers fleeing from persecution, Salt Lake City was named so due to its proximity to the Great Salt Lake. The city has developed a very strong tourism industry, with skiing and outdoor recreation being some of the most popular subsectors. Salt Lake City is also considered the center of industrial banking in the US.
Utah Used Construction Equipment
Due to the rapid rate of development in Utah, the need for top-tier construction equipment is once again very high. Heavy machines like telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will allow workers to quickly complete any construction project with ease, helping the state to develop. In case you need the top-tier used construction equipment, we are your one-stop destination! We at NLEQ specialize in:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers sit among the most versatile lifting equipment. They feature a long and straight boom, and a slot for attachments at the end of the boom, which can take on an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts look closely related to telehandlers in that they also feature a straight boom and an attachment slot at their end. The difference is that straight boom lifts do not come with a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These pieces of equipment are equipped with hinged booms instead of straight booms, helping them to scale obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: As the name suggests, these kinds of lifts are designed to be towed into the job site with ease.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts feature interlacing metal rods, which look like many scissors stacking on one another. These machines are manufactured for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: Featuring four extended arms that dig deep into the ground, these lifts boast exceptional stability.
Whenever you need used construction equipment in Utah, we are here for you! Our experts have been in the field for more than thirty years, and they are definitely happy to give you a hand. Call us right away for more information!