Vermont is a state of the US that is located in the New England region of the country. Interestingly, it is the only state in the region to not share its border with the Atlantic Ocean, making it quite a different case. The state of Vermont has the second-smallest population in the US, and it is also the sixth-smallest state by area. The most striking geographical feature of Vermont is the Green Mountains, which is a mountain range that runs north-south up to the middle of the state. The majority of Vermont’s terrain is forested woodlands dominated by hardwoods and conifers. The majority of its open land is devoted to farming activities.
Vermont has been inhabited by indigenous people for more than 12,000 years. The Abenaki and the Mohawk were some of the most active tribes in the area before the arrival of the Europeans. The French were the first to claim the area as a part of their New France territory. After having lost the Seven Years’ War, the French ceded the territory to the British. During the Revolutionary War, Vermont formed a separate country called the Vermont Republic. After the war was over, it was admitted to the Union as a state in the year 1791.
The capital city of Vermont is Montpelier, which is also the least-populated state capital in the US. It featured a population of only about 8,000 inhabitants as of 2010. However, the daytime population could jump to as many as 21,000 due to the abundance of jobs within the city’s limit.
The largest city in the state is Burlington. With a population of about 42,500 as of 2010, the city is the least populous city to be ranked the most populous in a state. It is a regional college town that houses the University of Vermont and the Champlain College.
Vermont Used Construction Equipment
Due to the unprecedented development pace in Vermont, the need for top-tier construction equipment is on the rise once more. Construction machines like telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will allow companies to quickly complete any construction project with ease, helping the state to develop. If you are in need of the right used construction equipment, we are the partner you need! We at NLEQ specialize in:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers sit among the most versatile lifting machines. They come with a long and straight boom, and at the end of a boom, you can see an attachment slot, which can take on an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts look closely related to telehandlers in that they also feature a straight boom and an attachment slot at the end of the boom. The difference is that straight boom lifts do not come with a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These machines are equipped with articulating booms instead of straight booms, allowing them to get over obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: As the name suggests, these types of lifts are designed to be towed into the job site with ease.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts come with interlocking metal rods, which look like many scissors stacking on one another. These machines are designed for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: With four extended arms that dig deep into the ground, these lifts are much more stable than others.
If you need top-tier used construction equipment in Vermont, look no further! We are ready to provide everything that you need. With over three decades’ worth of experience, our experts will ensure that all your needs will be catered to. Call us right away for more information.