The state of West Virginia is located in the Appalachian, Mid-Atlantic, and Southeastern regions of the United States. Its border is shared with the states of Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, Kentucky, and Ohio. The state of West Virginia was originally a part of Virginia until the Civil War broke out. Due to the conflicting public opinion in the state regarding which side to choose, Virginia was split into West Virginia and Virginia. West Virginia is defined by high mountains and scenic rolling hills. The local logging and mining industries were once very vibrant and advanced.
The territory that would become West Virginia was colonized by various indigenous peoples throughout history. The Iroquois, a collection of five allied nations, became the dominant tribe in the area. The area was later colonized by the British colonists, and the British Crown considered it a part of the Virginia Colony. That said, the territory was a source of heated confrontations between the colonies long before the American Revolutionary War. After the war, tension was rising between the inhabitants of the area and the planter elites who ruled Virginia’s politics. This tension reached its breaking point during the Civil War, and West Virginian inhabitants decided to break away from the state and to join the Union in the year 1863.
The capital city of West Virginia, and also its largest city, is Charleston. Boasting a population of about 46,500 in 2019, Charleston is the center of government, commerce, and industry of Kanawha County. Charleston is the home of the University of Charleston, as well as the West Virginia State University. There are also campuses from the West Virginia University and the Marshall University as well.
West Virginia Used Construction Equipment
With the unprecedented rate of development in West Virginia, the demand for high-quality construction equipment is on the rise once more. Heavy machines such as telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will help contractors to quickly work on any construction project with ease, contributing to the state’s development. In case you are in need of the top-tier used construction equipment, we are the partner you need! We at NLEQ provide:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers are some of the most versatile lifting machines. They come with a long and straight boom, and at the end of a boom, you can see an attachment slot, which can take on an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts look closely related to telehandlers as they also come with a straight boom and an attachment slot at the end of the boom. The difference is that straight boom lifts do not come with a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These pieces of equipment are equipped with hinged booms instead of straight booms, helping them to scale obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: As the name suggests, these kinds of lifts are designed to be towed into the job site with ease.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts feature interlacing metal rods, which look like many scissors stacking on one another. These pieces of equipment are manufactured for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: With four extended arms that are fixated strongly into the ground, these lifts boast exceptional stability.
If you are in need of top-tier used construction equipment in West Virginia, we are here for you! NLEQ has had more than thirty years of experience in the field, and we are ready to help! Call us right away if you need more information.