Located in the Pacific Northwest region of the US, the state of Washington is the 13th-largest state in the nation. It is named after George Washington, the father of the country. The state of Washington borders the following states: Oregon and Idaho, along with the Pacific Ocean. The state of Washington features a vast range of geographical features. The majority of the state’s population lives in an area called the Puget Sound, an inlet of the Pacific Ocean which contains numerous islands, fjords, and deep bays. The rest of the state includes deep temperate forests in the west and semi-arid region in the east, central, and south, which is mostly used for intensive agriculture. The state of Washington is the nation’s leader in the lumber industry.
The state of Washington has been inhabited by various peoples long before the coming of the Europeans. In fact, one of the oldest and most completed humans remains in North America was found in the area. The Spanish made the first European contact in the region. They claimed it for their king, but the Nootka Convention of 1790 ended the Spanish exclusivity to the region. Washington was admitted to the Union in the year 1889.
The capital city of Washington is Olympia, which lies 60km to the south of Seattle, the state’s largest city. Olympia is a cultural center of the region south of the Puget Sound. It was incorporated into a city in the year 1882.
The largest city in Washington is Seattle. As an important seaport in the area, Seattle is the largest city in both the Pacific Northwest region and in the state of Washington. Seattle consistently ranks high on the list of cities with the fastest growth rate in the US.
Washington Used Construction Equipment
Due to the unprecedented development pace in Washington, the need for high-quality construction equipment is on the rise once more. Heavy machines such as telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will help contractors to quickly complete any construction project with ease, contributing to the state’s development. If you are looking for the right used construction equipment, we are the partner you need! We at NLEQ specialize in:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers are among the most versatile lifting machines. They come with a long and straight boom, and a slot for attachments at the end of the boom, which can take on an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts look closely related to telehandlers as they also feature a straight boom and an attachment slot at their end. The difference is that straight boom lifts do not come with a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These machines are equipped with hinged booms instead of straight booms, allowing them to get over obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: As the name suggests, these types of lifts are designed to be towed into the job site with ease.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts feature interlacing metal rods, which look like many scissors stacking on one another. These machines are designed for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: Featuring four extended arms that dig deep into the ground, these lifts are much more stable than others.
Whenever you need high-quality used construction equipment in Washington, we are ready to help. Our team includes experts with more than thirty years of experience in the field, ensuring that you will receive nothing but satisfaction. For more information, don’t hesitate to contact us right away!