Located in the vast Great Lakes region, the state of Michigan is the 10th most populous in the United States. The state is also the 11th-most extensive state by land area, and the largest one in the area east of the Mississippi River. Its name originates from the Ojibwe word mishigami, which means “big lake” or “big water”. The state of Michigan is also the only one in the United States to feature two different peninsulas.
The state of Michigan was first a part of the French New France colony. After the French lost the French and Indian War of 1762, the territory became a part of the British colony. The territory was ceded to the newly established United States right after the end of the Revolutionary War. The territory was involved in a dispute between the United States and Canada, and the northern border of the United States was not set in stone until the end of the War of 1812. Michigan finally became a free state in the year 1837, and it has remained an important industrial center ever since. Nowadays, Michigan is known for its highly developed automotive industry.
The capital city of Michigan is Lansing, which is also the 5th-largest city in the state. Lansing is the center of the “Mid-Michigan” metropolitan area, which is an important educational and cultural center of great significance. It is also the site of important governmental institutions such as the Michigan State Capitol or the state Supreme Court.
The largest and most populous city in the state is Detroit, which forms one of the nation’s largest metropolitan economies. Best known as the center of the automotive industry in the US, Detroit is the second-largest regional industry in the Midwest region, behind Chicago only. Detroit is also a major port on the Detroit River.
Michigan Construction Equipment
With the unprecedented rate of development in Michigan, the demand for top-tier construction equipment is once again very high. Heavy machines like telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will help contractors to quickly complete any construction project with ease, contributing to the state’s development. If you need the top-tier used construction equipment, we are the partner you need! We at NLEQ provide:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers sit among the most versatile lifting machines. They feature a long and straight boom, and a slot for attachments at the end of the boom, which can be fitted with an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts are similar to telehandlers as they also feature a straight boom and an attachment slot at their end. The difference is that straight boom lifts do not come with a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These machines come with hinged booms instead of straight booms, allowing them to scale obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: True to their name, these types of lifts are designed to be towable by using a towing truck.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts come with interlocking metal rods, which resemble the shape of many scissors stacking on one another. These machines are designed for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: Featuring four extended arms that dig deep into the ground, these lifts are much more stable than others.
Looking for the right used construction equipment in Michigan to help you get started? Our stock of high-quality pieces of used construction equipment will be of great help! Don’t hesitate to let us know what you need, and we will try to source that particular model for you!