The state of Virginia, also known as the Commonwealth of Virginia, is a state in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern region of the United States. The state is also known by its nickname, the Old Dominion, referring to the fact that it was the first colony settled by the British. The geographical features of the state are defined by the Chesapeake Bay and the Blue Ridge Mountains, which provide a unique habitat for its fauna and flora.
The history of Virginia dates back several thousand years, when indigenous people still dominated the land. Among the most prominent tribes in the area was the Powhatan, an alliance of Algonquian-speaking indigenous people. Several Spanish explorers charted the region, but it was the British who set up the first colony in the area. In the year 1583, Walter Raleigh received Queen Elizabeth I’s permission to create a colony in the area north of Spanish Florida. Perhaps in honor of the queen, the colony was named Virginia. In the Revolutionary War, Virginia was one of the Thirteen Colonies joining the war. During the American Civil War, Virginia faced a rift that resulted in the creation of West Virginia, another independent state.
The capital city of Virginia is Richmond, a historical city in the United States. Richmond was incorporated in the year 1742, and it became an independent city in the year 1871. During the American Civil War, Richmond was the capital of the Confederacy. After the war, it saw successes due to housing one of the world’s first streetcar systems.
The largest city in the state is Virginia Beach. It is a resort city blessed with miles of beautiful beaches and oceanfront properties, making it a popular tourist destination both domestically and internationally.
Virginia Used Construction Equipment
With the rapid development pace in Virginia, the demand for top-tier construction equipment is once again very high. Heavy machines such as telehandlers, straight boom lifts, or scissor lifts will help companies to quickly complete any construction project with ease, contributing to the state’s development. If you are in need of the right used construction equipment, we are the partner you need! We at NLEQ provide:
- Telehandlers: Telehandlers are among the most versatile lifting equipment. They come with a long and straight boom, and at the end of a boom, you can see an attachment slot, which can be fitted with an aerial work platform or a bucket for agricultural projects.
- Straight boom lifts: Straight boom lifts are similar to telehandlers in that they also come with a straight boom and an attachment slot at their end. The difference is that straight boom lifts do not come with a drivable cabin.
- Articulating boom lifts: These pieces of equipment are fitted with articulating booms instead of straight booms, helping them to scale obstacles more easily.
- Towable boom lifts: True to their name, these kinds of lifts are designed to be towed into the job site with ease.
- Scissor lifts: Scissor lifts come with interlacing metal rods, which resemble the shape of many scissors stacking on one another. These pieces of equipment are designed for indoor maintenance tasks as well as outdoor construction tasks.
- Spider lifts: Featuring four extended arms that dig deep into the ground, these lifts are much more stable than others.
If you need the best used construction equipment in Virginia, you have come to the right place! We will help you source the construction machines you need for your projects with ease. Call us right away for more information.